Tuesday 20 July 2010

Going home

I was going to post this earlier and forgot but seems right now as the Swifts start congregating, getting ready to take off back to sunnier climes.



Going Home

Why do the notes of the song cause me to well up?
Why do they cause my heart to yearn?
My soul to reach out?
Because I am a traveller,
My journey not complete, 
The song whispers of home
A home I do not know
A place I am heading to
A song of the distant mountains 
that meet the sea
A place of peace
A place of rest
I travel on
in this journey of life
rejoicing in glimpses of home
moments of stillness
golden moments 
that speak of an eternity to reach
a home where the father waits
patiently
with arms open wide

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments and will always reply, so go ahead, ask a question or just say hi