Tuesday 19 February 2008

To do lists and all that!

Our last full week in this house that we have lived in for just over two years now. I will be glad to get out, quite frankly. I have lost track of how many potential new renters have been looking round. One good thing about having lots of people looking round is it makes sure that you put away things that you would rather not let others see but the really bad thing is having to be careful about the papers left lying around when I am trying to get our accounts sorted. Talking of accounts it was with a great relief that I posted off the accounts to the accountant today, one more job to take off my list - well nearly - I do have one missing statement. Oh boy! Now all I have to do is re-file all the paperwork and work out what we have to take with us just in case our belongings ever end up on the bottom of the sea.

Now let me see what other delightful jobs do I have to do this week? Hmmmm!
1. Make sure we have taken all recyclable stuff to relevant recycling points (did take the styrofoam peanuts to UPS and they gladly took them)
2. Last oiling of my wood furniture - at least it can't take much more than the 7 1/2 bottles of English Oil it took to soak everything over the last couple of weeks. I bet the local Home Depot and Walmart wonder why they kept running out of furniture oil.
3. Finish counting household items for insurance purposes. Interestingly we 735 books and 48 pillow cases that is not all of our household items of course but I do wonder how we managed to end up with 48 pillow cases, books I understand but that many pillow cases!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4. Start to clean the house.

Oh well must go and make the tea now (dinner for all Southern English and American Friends). Tonight's offering is tomatoes (home grown earlier this year) with barley soup with smoked sausage, salad and tortillas. I have a feeling though that the offerings are going to get a little more weird as the week goes by and the fridge and freezer gets emptier.

2 comments:

  1. i will be waiting on Worthing beach to stop people stealing your stuff when it washes up.
    dont say i never do anything for you :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol Gee son thanks for the encouragement

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments and will always reply, so go ahead, ask a question or just say hi